Friday, April 15, 2005

What I am reading

In case you were wondering, I read a great deal. I have always enjoyed reading, and lately have rediscovered the joy and stimulation of thought-provoking books and websites. Below is a partial list of what I have read recently and am reading now.

My friend Kurt has started his own blog with his musings on life.

Leonard Sweet's Soul Tsunami is a brain-bender.

Richard Foster's Celebration of Discipline is a wonderful treatise on the spiritual life. His insight into prayer has greatly helped me with a sometimes stagnant prayer life.

Henri Nouwen's Making all things New is a great call to holiness. And an easy read.

The OOZE is a great source of discussion and thought-provoking articles. Membership is free.

Ginkworld is another great site for post-modern musings.

Here are some thoughts on life from a Lutheran perspective.

I hope these help you on your journey.

2 comments:

Doc Steve said...

Great list. Thanks for the help. I'm developing my own blog. Great ideas. Steve

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Roy, for including Steve's link on your blog.

Hope you're doing a little better today.

God be with you, your family, and your beloved dog.

Love, in Christ,
Sandie