Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's in my neighborhood as well

If you thought Michael Vick's arrest and conviction brought this issue to a halt, you were sadly mistaken. Just yesterday the Wayne County (Michigan) Sheriff's Department raided a dog fighting ring and netted $27,000 while arresting 53 individuals. I still don't get the appeal of dog fighting, but I know it exists in my neighborhood.

Here is another story from last week in Ypsilanti, which is just a little north and west of where I live.

I know there is a lot of injustice in the world, but this is so unnecessary. To think that we would watch animals destroy each other for our gambling amusement. It's hard to think charitable things about the people who do this. Yet we are called by God to pray for them. Join me in that please.

No comments: