Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Restore to me the joy

Psalm 51:12 - Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

My heart aches at times for the struggles I see in the world, and in the church. I see the hurt caused by unforgiveness, hatred, evil, laziness and so many other things, and it begins to weigh on me. This is my prayer as I am in the 2nd week of 8.5 hours per day of classes at NTS.

"Restore to me the joy of my salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me."

Sometimes in all of the stuff of life the joy of our salvation gets buried in the avalanche of daily living. The closeness we felt to the one who rescued us from the mire seems so long ago as we grind out our daily lives.

Today, I simply ask you to join me in asking God to restore to me the joy of your salvation. Take me back to the place where I first fell in love with you and let me dwell there for a while. Then give me a spirit to go join the fray again.

Come Lord Jesus, Come.

No comments: