Thursday, December 21, 2006

Just in time for Christmas


Thanks to Bishopman for raining on the holiday parade with this article. It seems that (gasp) many Christians are overweight and churches have developed a culture of social events with high-fat foods. He is treading very lightly since he lives in the heart of the Bible Belt, but he has a point.

My past history of ignoring dietary advice has caught up to me, and my Dr. is strongly encouraging me to change my diet and lighten the load I place on the earth. So this has been a season of Splenda instead of sugar (it works) and more vegetables and fiber, and less simple carbohydrates ( I miss potato chips and Milk Duds). So when I talk about overweight Christians, I know of what I speak. But, I have had an epiphany, and am actively working to change my lifestyle, which isn't easy. But it beats what is coming down the road, if my doctor is correct in his predictions.

I've often wondered how the body as a temple of the Holy Spirit argument only worked for alcohol and tobacco, but gluttony was permissible. But that is another discussion best held after the holidays.

Merry Christmas to all. And to all, a good diet.

1 comment:

bishopman said...

Sorry,man. I didn't mean to rain on your parade.

Pass the mashed potatoes and butter and gravy...