Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Doomsday Train


No, this doesn't involve Pat Robertson.

But it does fit nicely with our world today. Let's take stock of where we are.

Iran and North Korea are pursuing nuclear weapons. Iran has a leader with a questionable grip on reality. He keeps saying that Israel and the United States will soon cease to exist.

The CIA just ran a sting operation and netted bomb-grade uranium in the Republic of Georgia. It seems that Russia is having a hard time controlling the old Soviet weapons. If my memory serves me correctly, Iran and Russia share a border. And Russia has been supplying weapons to Iran.

Oh, and the Mayan calendar ends in 2012 with some sort of doomsday prophecy.

It would be very easy to throw our hands up in the air, declare the world a lost cause and wait for the rapture (and pray that it came before the tribulation- which is a debatable issue). But that is not what our Lord called us to do in Matthew 28:

19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

We don't know when the end of the age is. And many people in past times have thought the end was imminent. I'm no prophecy scholar but I do know it could happen tomorrow, next year, next century. Only the LORD himself knows. Take the words of Joshua 1:9 to heart and be strong courageous, for the Lord will be with us wherever we go.

We don't have to run over anyone's toes getting away. God is with us.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My inaugural address at the Great White Throne Judgment of the Dead, after I have raptured out billions! The Secret Rapture soon!
Read My Inaugural Address
At = http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/spaceman

Roy said...

Alvin,

I sincerely hope that you schedule a trip into reality sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for leaving my link up. Her is reality for you. The Secret Rapture soon! Within months, if not years, by my hand, we will be in the post apocalyptic world of 'Jericho' on TV! Stay tuned!