Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Anti-Bottled Water bandwagon grows

Here are a few articles on the subject that have appeared as of late. It seems that I am not alone in my thoughts on this. I must confess that I am getting tired of seeing the bottles lying all over the place in parks and along roadsides, which is part of what is driving this.

And here is something to chew on, courtesy of the Christian Science Monitor: "Surely bottled water is purer and safer? Actually, no. The regulations governing the quality of public water supplies are far stricter than those governing bottled-water plants. True, there are sometimes contamination problems with tap water, but the same is true of bottled water."

This I was aware of from my days of assisting the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department with public relations activities. Mull that one over in your head for a while.

Los Angeles Times article

Christian Science Monitor article

Aspen Times News article


Or just go here.

No comments: